Saturday 18 September 2010

Cupcakes for the boys

I took a bespoke order this week for a previous customer (in fact she was my very first bespoke order customer when I started out).  She had seen the giant cupcakes on my blog and wanted one for her son's 30th birthday.  She plumped for chocolate cake, with a vanilla butter cream icing. For the decoration, she wanted it sparkly and fabulous, but not too girly....Happy to oblige I came up with a design of two shades of blue stars, with matching blue glitter.

When I finished the cake last night, it looked so lovely I was tempted to call my client to let her know it looked fab- but it was knocking on 11pm, and so much too late for cupcake conversations.  Though I did get Handsome husband to come into the kitchen to give me his opinion as a man- he said whilst he wasn't sure if a cupcake was essentially a 'girl thing', he thought it looked tasty and could he have some?





No comments:

Post a Comment