Tuesday 2 March 2010

The last market before bump is due



I have done my last market before bump is due.  I'm now officially on maternity leave from cupcakes (that is excluding special orders and of course, baking for the family)

It was lovely to be back at the market, the other stall holders are all really lovely and friendly and of course,  my regular customers are all super too.  Each time I also meet new people and it's great to bring a smile to their faces with my cupcakes and cookies.

I'm really proud to say as well, that as a small business  (set up and operated by someone with no head for business, ie me) that after counting my money tin after my 'last market' (well, for the time being) I had made double what I took at my very first market.  Takings had been steadily increasing with each market, but there is something very pleasing about the symmetry of the figures being doubled, not from a business point of view really, but more of a 'pleasing numbers' type thing (see, no real head for business, just a head for cake).

Though of course its totally cool that people want to buy my cupcakes and gobble them up as well.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cakes as ever - I shall miss drooling over them! Wishing you all the best with bump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came across your blog and I am now a follower! these cakes are stunning, I hope to one day make something this great!!
    I have my own blog too and would love to know what you think!

    http://petittreat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete