Friday 4 June 2010

Vintage vava voom

Grease-movie-p02.jpg



Vintage...one word that strikes joy into any girls heart.

1950's style dresses...three words that strike joy into any girls heart.

Going out in the evening to a grown-up party...nine words that also strike joy into any girls heart

Combine the lot together and you get one very happy lady.  Handsome husband and I hardly every go out...two children and 4 jobs between us means we don't get a lot of spare time, but when we do, and we go out, I like to dresUP.

We have two wedding receptions coming up, and who would think it, they are one night after the other.  We haven't been to a party for ages (I get to go to many children's parties, and whilst they are fun, they do not count)

Much thought has gone into the outfit and I have decided what I am wearing.  Outfit A is a pink and white candy cane striped sleeveless dress, with a very full skirt and sash tie around the waist.  Outfit B is to be a similar cut dress, but in a black and white print, with a wide neckline and Jackie O style collar, which I will wear cinched in with a wide white belt.  Shoes will most probably be white peeptoe wedges with a leather flower on the toe, very cute.

And as I was trying them on the other day in preparation, I decided what both dresses needed was a 1950's style net petticoat to give it more oomph.  Cue a blast on the internet and hooray for ebay I have ordered just the thing.  I am super excited and can't wait for it to be delivered.

As a tangent, and whilst I was internet mooching, I found dollydagger- it is heaven and I want to completly remodle my wardrobe and from now on, only be a 1950's starlet and hang about all day looking like a total babe from yesteryear.  I'm sure its do-able, daddio.

No comments:

Post a Comment