Sunday 23 August 2009

Chocolate fudge brownie cheesecake

What's this I hear you say, is it possible to improve on cheesecake, or on a chocolate fudge brownie? Yes, you can, you can stick them together...

When marvellous mum and dad were down recently, with Brainy bro and his lovely partner, I felt inspired to bake this wonderful sounding cake. The actual recipe called for another layer on top, or raspberries, creamed with mascarpone and icing sugar I think, but deciding that this might be one layer too much, I decided to retain the sharpness of the raspberries by leaving them as they were (and I didn't have any mascarpone anyway!)

Marvellous mum was my beautiful assistant and as soon as Darling boy was having his nap we got busy in the kitchen and here is what we produced...Very rich, very scrumptious and good with a hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment