Wednesday 8 April 2009

Baking for babes 'n' babies


Today I had some girlfriends and their baby boys over and I was in the mood for a little baking (when am I not?)  I love baking for friends and a social occasion is a great excuse to get the old magimix out.  

So, this morning I whipped up a batch of Oatmeal and Raisin cookies whilst the darling boy was having his nap.  I love these cookies as they are so tasty and yet you can pretend they are good for you (duh, oats are slow releasing energy innit and raisins are a fruit, so one of your five a day clearly)

They went down a storm, especially with my own little boy who swiped my half eaten cookie from my own hand unnoticed during a particularly juicy bit of gossip.  He had munched the lot before I noticed- he seemed quite keen, which I took to be a good sign.  Later, handsome husband also seemed to approve.  Being wary of anything too healthy, he pronounced the cookies, 'seriously tasty'... praise indeed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment